X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding work in Tokyo

I'm learning a lot from the doramas that I've watched recently. I got hooked on it after my boss tasked me to plan a business/vacation trip for him. I was kinda inspired about the culture and how things are over there so I was thinking, maybe if I get tired with my work now, who knows I'd try applying for a job in Japan. Of course I'm a foreigner and since I'm a near native English speaker, I probably land jobs related to teaching English as a second language. Although I know that I have to get certified for that it's the best shot. I've noticed it's seemingly hard for heroines and heros of doramas to ace jobs. Are interview really that hectic and scary? Why do they have to like wear white longsleeved shirts and knee high skirts and black shoes (for girls) during interviews and for men to be in formal monochromatic suits. Are there any other jobs that foreigners and locals alike apply to without having to go through a stringent recruitment process? Or is it really just that and every fresh graduate or those who're switching jobs or companies have to go through all these "anxiety inducing" processes. I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried applying there?

I am not quite sure since we do have working visa processing here in our country before being able to work in Japan. And one of their requirements is to already have a job pending there. However, I believe skilled workers such as cooks for a restaurant doesn't entirely require good communication skills as long as you know a few words and also as long as you are good at your job. Pretty sure, jobs in the entertainment side in the red light district doesn't really need anxiety inducing process but of course, you are not looking for that. Professionally, it is hard to get jobs in Japan that doesn't have rigorous screening process unless it is you are just transferring on the same company internationally.

Comment

Working...
    X