X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn Japanese...how??? need advice

I have been living in Japan for 2 years and actually my Japanese is like..beginner. I have to admit that I have tried but I don't really have enough motivation or passion for this subject >.<!
    I used to regret so muchhhh ... that what if I had learned Japanese before I come to this country and then I persuaded myself that "There is no better way to learn a new language buy come to where its come from" )
    See people around speak Japanese and not willing to speak English is really annoyed me. I think I have to learn Japanese very seriously. What about you guys? Did you study Japanese before? What is your purpose or have any motivation for it?
    If you know any good place, web site or club that teaches Japanese, please give me some recommendations.
    Thank you all.

Learning any new language is really hard so that's understandable. It wouldn't hurt if you try to memorize a few of their usual phrases, that will give you a chance to learn more about them. I love watching anime shows so I always hear how they pronounce the common phrases that they always use. Why not try to watch an anime or any Japanese show and interpret what they are saying? If there's anything that you can't understand, you can try looking for other tutorials about it on youtube.com

Comment

Same with me! I also tend to use anime and other dramas so I get used to other Japanese words. I believe if Kanji is the problem, you can simply google search them because I have seen tricks where they use imagery of how it was written to remember what it meant. There are also phone apps that can teach you words and word arrangement. It is a bit hard to make Japanese sentences because the grammar is not the same when you translate it into English. As for other things, I believe, finding the right motivation is key!

Comment

There are mobile apps and websites who can help you learn the language. Back in the day when I wanted to learn Japanese, I downloaded an audio tutorial course on Basic Japanese. It was okay until I didn't have time and stuck to watching anime and doramas. Watching anime is also helpful because how it's spoken there is the same as how Japanese converse in a day to day basis or like how it's usually spoken. I can already understand a few words and phrases and I wish I could learn some more formally.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice^^ seem like watching anime is a very good way, I will probably try it. And yes, the difficulty of communicating is the biggest motivation for me now

Comment

Working...
          X