X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorama: Are they popular among the locals?

Unlike other Asian countries, drama series is more like a cult following rather than just a hobby people pick up on from time to time. I've watched doramas and kinda followed some in the past (I'm actually watching Season 6 of one of them now, it's the last one I guess and ended December last year but Netflix just released it recently.) and also followed some anime series, too. I was just wondering because where I live people watch local television almost every night and there are 2 to 3 dramas that they follow depending on the television network they are fond of. Do the Japanese also have the same habit every night? Or do they just watch them online when they have the time?

I don't have much knowledge of "Dorama"...but I only see this at a big festival. I think this takes a lot of time to prepare and show so not many people can spend time on this. And isn't it quite a special and traditional thing? I think people prefer to watch normal drama or film on TV or comedy show than Dorama

Comment

Hi RonnieP ! Apologies for the confusion. Dorama is actually Japanese TV drama. It's also called terebi drama and it's quite obvious why. I'm not sure what dorama is that you are referring to because I don't really know if there's anything else that the word means. You can fill me in if you may. Unlike in South Korea where their dramas are called kdramas, you might expect that in Japan, it's also called jdrama but no.. It's dorama. I've been watching them for quite sometime now and although some are really heartwarming and all that, there's a pattern that I've noticed among them that takes time to get used to. The acting is kinda exaggerated a bit if it's a comedy series but their melodrama is quite superb. I've also seen a couple of Taiga dramas, Atsuhime and and I fell in love with them. Oh I just miss watching doramas again...

Comment

• RonnieP
        RonnieP commented
        Editing a comment
        oh thank you for the explanation RanMa1/2 :"0 I did misunderstanding )) I check the google translate and it said its similar to a play or something like that so I think we have the same thought that Japanese people also watch "dorama" and I quite sure that they are popular. Because Jdrama is quite different from K drama, there was not too dramatic but it still very touches full and emotional. Moreover, I admit that the K drama overall more beautiful and they take care of the scenes but J dramas are more meaningful and the Japanese always give some lessons on that. Enjoy the Doramas RanMa1/2 , this is also a good way to learn Japanese
    Working...
    X