X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A man stopped a train in Japan because another men coughed

Corona virus is now spreading in Japan too. I read on an article that a man coughed in a train without wearing a mask and another male passenger activated an emergency button so that the train stops at the nearest station. The train stopped and the station staff had to talk to both of them to see what was wrong. After the conversation, they went back to the train peacefully.
    I believe Japan is one of, if not the only country that has a wearing-mask culture. So, even if you have just a cold or if you want to protect yourself from anything you wear a mask in Japan. And this culture has exited for years if not decades even prior to corona virus.
    With that being said, do you think it was right for the man to have stopped the whole train just because a man coughed (because it is part of Japanese culture) or was it exaggerated of him to do such thing?

wow such a shock new:'/// I don't think that was a good idea to stop the train... There must be a lot of people on that train who need to go somewhere else and they have no time to wait (they're even in other carriages). This also causes the inconvenience for the flowing train and the anxiety felling for everybody on that train. I understand that the "man stopped a train" was worried about himself and others, but he should find or call the staff at the next station to check.

Comment

Same! I don't think that's a good idea. The symptoms of Corona Virus is almost very similar to the normal flu! And it is Flu Season in Japan. You can't expect people to get their train stop for each incident like that. Plus, time and punctuality is very important to Japanese. That person might have cause a huge hassle to the other passengers! So sad!

Comment

Based on that story, I don't think this is a shock to Japanese people. You're right about them having the culture of wearing masks very often whether they just don't want to get sick or if they're already sick and they don't want to spread any of their viruses no matter how mild it is. So, this is a matter of what culture people have, the norms that they have in their country. There's nothing wrong with coughing but as Japanese people would expect from themselves, if they're coughing, they'll wear a mask not to spread it which is really a very good practice that everyone should follow.

Comment

Working...
        X