X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asakusa is a great place to buy a ramen bowl

I found a great place in Tokyo to buy Japanese bowls and plates, its called Kappabashi in Asakusa. There are many stores selling ceramic bowls, pots,pans etc. I believe its also a commercial kitchen area. I picked up a couple of nice ramen bowls there for just a few dollars with very nice looking Japanese designs.

I just love spending my time in Kappabashi, for anybody who loves ceramic bowls and cookware, it just amazing.
    I also look around the kitchenware shops, its fun to see what the Japanese use in their kitchens

http://fxcuisine.com/Default.asp?lan...solution=hhigh

Comment

I am glad to hear that you like walking around Kappabashi.
      I used to live there. My family used to have a wholesale paper shops in there.
      So I often used to walk around Kappabashi when I was younger.
      Yes, you can find nice plates, bowels, baking tools etc, It’s so fun if you are into cooking, also even though you are not interested in cooking, still interesting.
      After or before you go, you can go to Asakusa main area easily on foot around 10 minutes walk.
      You can enjoy lots of delicious food Asakusa, Okonomiyaki(Japanese Pancake), Monjyayaki, Tenpura, Soba, Sushi,

Comment

Asakusa is one of the places that were supposed to go to when we were in Tokyo, but it was in July and it was really rainy during our stat. We weren't able to go. I would definitely try that ramen bowl that you're talking about. Those bowls sound like they're awesome. What's really astonishing about Asakusa is the fact that they've been preserved as part of the old city of Japan with the traditional buildings and all. So if you think that you'll only see the modern Japanese buildings in Tokyo, because it's their working capital, then you should put Asakusa as part of your itinerary and see for yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X