X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tokyo Water Safe to Drink?

Is the water quality safe in Tokyo, just thinking ahead if I go to the games in 2020. Like do we have to boil it for drinking and just use it for cooking? There are many places in Asia where its not safe to drink water from a tap or you have to boil it to kill the bad bits.

Well, the answer is Yes and No.
    The government says, Tokyo`s water is safe to drink and you normally do not have any problem after drinking tap water.
    However, many people dislike to drink tap water and buy water bottle from a supermarket is also true.
    If I were you, I would buy plastic water from a shop, it`s cheap just $1-2 per 2L.

Comment

I'd hope the tap water would be safe to drink in a big, modern city like Tokyo. It's not like parts of Asia that lack the resources and infrastructure to purify it or whatever. The thing about buying bottled water doesn't really mean anything, because people in lots of developed cities buy bottled water. They think it's better or something.
      I did hear that tap water in Japan doesn't have fluoride in it - do you know anything about that? If it doesn't, how do Japanese people keep their teeth nice? Maybe there's really good toothpaste or something.

Comment

I don't always buy bottled water. I use water purifier always at home. When I travel, I only drink bottled water to be safe.

Comment

Better be safe than sorry. Just bring your own bottled water.

Comment

Yeah, drinking directly from the tap would be considered a little...unsafe. It would be best if you get purified distilled water instead just to be on the safe side. If you don't want to do that, at least boil the water for 10 - 15 minutes before you drink it to eliminate the germs and other bacterias that are present in the water. Heaven knows, the time that I would drink tap water directly would be only as a last resort. I'm not particularly picky person but I do have some standards when it comes to things that I eat and drink. If all else fail, just run to your friendly convenient store and buy a bottle of water

Comment

Working...
            X