X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Convenience store is awesome!!

Japanese convenience store is like heaven, really convenient. Do you think so?
    You can buy snacks, drinks, lunch boxes, salad, fresh sandwiches, fried chicken, fruits, sweets, alcohol, underwear, notebooks, magazines. Basically anything.
    Especially I like Seven Eleven, there oden is soo good and tasty, and onigiri(Rice balls) is very cheap and tasty. Just around $1, sandwich is around $2,
    So Japanese people don`t need to cook very much, because they can get food easily and cheap.
    I was quite shocked how inconvenient western convenient store, there is no attraction for me.

I also like the Japanese convenience store, its really easy to find a quick cheap meal and buy all your tea/coffee milk/breakfast after checking in to your hotel and they are everywhere!
    Also I can usually find an international ATM in some of them, sometimes in Japan it can be difficult to find one after the Post Offices close

Comment

I like convenience store`s dessert`s big fun!!
      There are pudding, chou-cream, wagashi(Japanese style sweets), cake and so on.
      It`s just few dollars, but good qualities. Their marketing is very good.
      Sometimes, they collaborate with famous pastry chef.
      It attracts girls.

Comment

Wow! underwear in convenience stores?! haha that's a first for me! foreigners would indee be shocked, thus the label "weird" japan at times.
        I usually go to convenience stores to buy ramyun and snacks.

Comment

I am very jealous of Japan's convenience stores, because there is nothing like them in the UK. Some small supermarkets or petrol station shops are open quite late, but there is nothing open 24 hours. And none of them also allow you to pay your bills, get money out, buy event tickets, send/pick up packages, etc!
          I like finding out Japanese people's opinions about different convenience stores, because everyone has their favorite. There are usually lots of different reasons though - one of my coworkers said that he liked Seven Eleven because he used to work there! I like Seven Eleven and Family Mart. I feel like Lawson can have lower-quality goods.
          Convenience stores all have different promotions and tie-ins with anime, so I had to shop around to find all of the interesting food. I got Christmas-tree shaped Doritos once, though! And one convenience store, I think it was an Aeon-related one, had a crazy dessert that was three desserts in one big pot. It tasted great, and looked good, but I dread to think how many calories were in it!

Comment

I must say, convenient store saves me. I am a currently doing my PhD and I have to work till late night. Unfortunately, almost every day I work in lab till late night and after 9.30 PM, I don’t find any buses and have to walk to my apartment.

It’s obvious that I feel hungry and at convenience store, it is easy to find really cheap meal, drinks, snacks and many more, I grab my dinner and walk home.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	129
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	592

Sometimes I go out of cash at late night and I can withdraw money too at convenient store as other ATMs get closed. ( Yes, despite their name as ATM, in Japan a lot of bank ATM machines get closed at night. )

Comment

Japanese Convenient Stores has a variety of food and flavors (I could hardly memorize all the flavors of kitkat there is). I like seven eleven too and I find it weird that if I compare the bento/food offered in Japan to my country's seven eleven, that they could hardly compare. Japan's convenient store's food doesn't taste precooked at all and its delicious. But one of the things that I have read from another thread is that super market's food were far cheaper especially during night because the tend to lower the price to decrease the food that will be left over and lunches usually have lunch promos so I guess, if based solely to food, I'd really love to live in Japan!

Comment

I recall my father said me about this convenience store as he stayed in Japan for more than 4 years. He told that the concept of convenience store in Japan is amazing and very convenient where one can find all the basic necessary things within 100 meters reach. There is also washroom, ATM facility in every convenience store, he added.

I will be visiting Tokyo soon and I am super excited to experience this.

Comment

Konbini stores is really a thing in Japan since most of them are open 24 hours a day. From what I had read on the internet, convenience stores in Japan has "evolved" to make things "convenient" to everyone. When I say convenient what does it mean? Well some of these convenient stores have ATM, restroom, copier/fax machines, bills payment and even pick up delivery services. Above all else they pay attention to the quality of food, especially those that are nearing their expiration date. Just imagine yourself waking up in the middle of the night feeling hungry and there's nothing to eat. You can always go out and find these convenient stores because they are almost "everywhere" in the area. Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, what more can you ask for?

Comment

Working...
                  X