X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Street Fashion

If you guys aren’t aware yet, Japanese has quite a unique style when it comes to fashion. There are six popular styles that I know of, Kogal, Decora, Lolita, Gyaru, Ganguro, and Visual Kei.

Kogal- is what we usually see in anime, it is a look based on uniforms but with shorter skirt, loose socks, dyed hair and scarf.

Decora-is basically piling different layers of accessories until the bangs and shirt are hardly in view.

Lolita-involves frills, laces, and dressing up like Victorian dolls.

Gyaru-is a glam style of breaking rules of what is beautiful. This focuses on man-made beauty meaning wigs, fake lashes and nails, it is heavily inspired by western fashion.

Ganguro-started by rebellious youth that contradicts traditional Japanese concept of beauty (pale skin, dark hair and neutral makeup). It consists of bleached hair, deep tan, fake eyelashes, black and white eye liner and accessories.

Visual Kei-a movement from Japanese Musicians, uses various levels of make up, elaborate hairstyes, costumes and can be coupled with androgynous look.

At Ganguro Fashion- while watching anime, I always wonder why they look like that (I was watching super gals). So, that's a fashion trend apparently, I like the thought of it but I am not exactly hyped about it. Visual Kei- then you realize that all the idol anime im watching was inspired by this idea. I wonder how do they convince guys to dress up like that?

Comment

Working...
    X