X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uchi-Soto,why having a love life is hard in Japan

Apparently, this is a japanese outline of how they should behave in public. I’m not exactly sure, but their society pressures people to be respectful and considerate of others. PDAs are taboo and because of uchi-soto, Japanese people tend to have a difficulty in expressing their feelings which in turn to a gradual increase of desire to be love and to reciprocate. Unfortunately, this resulted to women’s bottle up feeling and Japanese men’s subtle and indirect approach when it comes to feelings, leaving them trying to just read each other’s feelings. Another reason why they have varieties of romance anime I guess?

Man, that sounds tough. How do people even manage to date if they don't express their feelings directly, or is it all in private? I can't imagine being satisfied with watching other people, characters really, having relationships on a screen, rather than having my own. The storylines are usually too idealistic anyway, maybe it's watching the anime that has given people the wrong expectations of others.
    What exactly does uchi-soto mean, anyway, is it something to do with behaviour in public or is it other things as well? There's nothing wrong with being considerate of others but that sounds quite strict; those consequences sound pretty harsh on people.

Comment

FoodieSam I think it was like this guidelines of things that they are expecting you to know (on how to behave, like general Japanese etiquette).

Comment

I've heard of this before as a problem in Japan. I think the real problem is the fact that they don't realize how cheap they made love now. As early as teenagers they start to see how love in their country appears to be more focused on the financial capacity of a person and not their actual feelings towards one another. Even when they answer a Konkatsu questionnaire, they're already asked to answer a form that pertains to their financial capacity and the current state of their economy. Even at pubs, men and women are actually segregated.

Comment

Working...
        X