X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Japanese music

I haven't seen a post about music on here yet, and I'm looking for some suggestions of bands to listen to, or maybe any good Japanese radio that I could listen to online. I'm not very interested in traditional Japanese music, so maybe you could post that elsewhere! I like pop, some anime songs, sometimes a bit of rock. Although I can give a pass to AKB48 and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, they're a bit cutesy for me. Kyary also has that Lady Gaga, slightly eccentric vibe to her.

Some of my favourite ones so far are anime songs, here's a rough top 3, but it's not in order:
    Yakusoku wa Iranai sung by Maaya Sakamoto from Escaflowne (this ones old, but it's a classic)
    Zankoku na Tenshi from Evangelion (another classic)
    Guren no Yumiya from Attack on Titan (a newer one but it's really dramatic so it's awesome)

Add yours below!

If I could recommend a band in the rock genre, I could say I'll pick One OK Rock! I like their lyrics and sometimes Taka sings in English too! Another voice that I like is Egoist, I knew them through Guilty Crown.

Comment

I like anime Rave's Intro music! It gives that hynoptic feel effect for the strings part.

Comment

Favorite Japanese Music? Of course anime, game themed music. Some of my favorite songs include Happy Song (Miku), Butterfly (Digimon), Go! by Flow (Naruto), Remember by Flow (Naruto), Tsukiakari no Michishirube (Darker than Black), Inori (Romeo x Juliet), Make a Wish (Pokemon Movie), Go my Way (Idolm@ster), Be Loud (Deardrops), Imagination Forest (Mekaku City Actors), VIP (Magi), 1/3 Junjou na Kanjou (Samurai X), Rashisa (Super Beaver), Ai Kotoba (Shounen T Version)...argh too many to list! *cough* Although I can't name them all, I do appreciate them and I even get their lyrics so I can sing them on our groups karaoke session.

Comment

Those all sound awesome, guys. That's really given me a hankering to go listen to some anime music...
          I didn't think about karaoke, Louie. That's something I should do with my favourite songs when I go to Japan - I bet Guren no Yumiya would be awesome. I'd probably need to print out the lyrics though, probably even practice beforehand, ha ha. How come you can do Japanese karaoke? It didn't sound like you were in Japan. I'm jealous!

Comment

I really used to like Jpop music girl band concepts but they are so into mannequin like expressionless faces. You only have JAV industry and the chikans to blame for such fetishes. I'm more into Kpop now. As can be seen by my profile pic the legendary group T-ara, they have so many catchy songs.
            Most of the japanese music I like now are mostly from animes.

Comment

I like some of the old 80's pop and synth pop like Tatsuro Yama****a and Maria Takekuchi. I also really love the rock band The Pillows.

Comment

• SpaceManatee
                SpaceManatee commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha I didn't expect that to be censored, but I suppose it does have that word in it.

Thanks for making this thread. I don't know where should I start. There are literally lots of great Japanese music and songs just from all the Anime that I've been watching since my childhood. I think I'll start with Gundam Wing's "Just Communication". This song still gives me the chills until now when I'm playing it. Gundam Wing is the first Gundam series I've ever watched on TV and I'm so glad that it was. Because there were other Gundam series that I didn't was as good as Gundam Wing so I may not have loved this series if I didn't first watch Gundam Wing. Anyone else watched this?

Comment

Naniii I watched Gundam Wing on the old Toonami program in the US. That, and G Gundam are still the only Gundam shows I've watched. I really liked how each Gundam had a unique feature and power. I also remember being pretty big into the model Gundam sets. Years ago, I found a store in Dajeon, South Korea that was full of them and it was so cool.

Comment

Working...
                X