X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about multi-tasking

Apparently, almost more than 90 percent of mobile phones in Japan is waterproof. Japanese women tends to use it in the bath and Japanese men likes to use it in the shower. That's taking multi-tasking to the next level or social-media/text/call addiction perhaps?

I thought about it, but nope, that sounds cool. I mean, you can have a nice long soak in the tub (those Japanese guys are missing out) and text all of your friends at the same time. Sounds relaxing to me. And if you accidentally drop it or get it caught in the rain you don't need to put it in a bucket of rice or get a new one.
    Aren't working men really busy? They probably appreciate being able to do both at once because they don't have any other time to do it in. I bet someone in Japan has used that feature to hide an affair though. You could hide a game addiction some, too. No-one can read over your shoulder in the shower...

Comment

People like that really don't get what IP Ratings really are. They treat phones or even watches as water resistant. Then when a year or so comes they notice their phones having bubbles under the screen or static noises when using headphones they will complain because it is supposed to be water-proof.
      These are supposed to be just safety measures against accidents of the phone getting wet not intentionally getting it wet all the time.

Comment

I agree with Tara4Eva Those phones arent made to be consistently used around water, its just for security purposes or if theres a need to use it (during swimming or snorkling perhaps). That wasn't mean to be used daily. FoodieSam And if I am the one who they are talking to over the phone, I would definitely find it weird to think that they're in the shower (in their naked glory) talking to me. I guess the idea and the opinions about it is relative to whom you're talking to.

Comment

Haha you'll know if the person you're talking to is in the bathroom because it will sound like he's in a cave or an echo chamber. lol

Comment

Wait what? this is actually a fact? Cellphones in Japan are used in bath and showers? Hoho, this is really an eye opener. I did a bit of research while reading the first post on this topic and indeed, it seems that 90-95% of the phones in Japan are indeed waterproof. It seems that the Japanese are so fond of their cellphones (especially young Japanese girls) that they carry them practically everywhere (Yes including in the bathtub and shower). The funny thing is that even some companies (outside of Japan) like LG and Samsung has to make their cellphones waterproof as well in order to compete in the Japanese Market. Maybe I'll buy one of these phones when I go to Japan. It will serve as a souvenir and an indispensable tool for everyday living.

Comment

Working...
            X