X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan the only G-7 country where young people are most likely to die from suicide

According to The Mainichi, the number of people commitiing suicide in Japan is declining year by year but as of 2018, the number of people between age 10-19 taking their own lives rose to 599, a 32-person rise on the prior year.
    Analysis of suicide in younger generation over the 10-year period up to 2018 showed that academic issues such as bad grades or advancing to the next level of school were the biggest reason people aged 10-19 took their own lives.
    People under 20s and in their 20s specially seems to have mental health problems; followed by suicidal thoughts as well as issues at home and school.

I personally think, suicide and mental health is common and really a problem that is not talked about enough in Japan. I think there is pressure for a lot of people to be perfect or bullying because being different is not allowed in Japan especially because Japan has an extreme homogenous society. Of course mental illness and suicide is not unique to Japan but Japan even has a suicide forest. This should be a red flag for the government, schools and parents to do something. I hope younger generation in Japan get better support and enough love so that they can grow happily with a healthy mind.
    TOKYO -- 2018 marked the lowest suicide rate in Japan for 37 years, with total deaths at less than 21,000, at a rate of 16.5 people per 100,000 citize

I've heard of that infamous from one of the famous vloggers on Facebook. He tackled the issue of how the Japanese are suicidal especially in that forest. They will venture into that forest alone with no equipment or food. They literally intend to die in that forest by losing themselves in the middle of it and never to be found. I think I can understand the pressure that every teenager is getting since everyone goes to that stage during their years of studying in school. What made it worse in Japan is the rule of you not being able to pursue whatever it is that you want to if you do not pass their exams and that's final.

Comment

Working...
    X