X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pervert in Japan! ! !

This is serious issues if you're been to Japan long enough to aware of this. Japan is known as one of the safest countries in the world, but have they ever count "pervert" is a kind of criminal?
    I went to Japan in 2018 with a very positive thought that this country, this place is so so much safer than my hometown, no worry about crime or anything and little no worry about "pervert" (cause I thought ist only appear in anime >.<). In my first year of university, I lived in a girl dorm with many other foreigner friends. Everything was so peaceful from the start, but then there was gossip about the pervert guys around our dorm!!!
    Everything worse in the second week after those gossips, the frequency people meeting and be attacked by this guy more often. Even some of my friends meet him and they were attacked. My friend, she was freaked out, cried a lot and not come out of the dorm for the whole week. Another was riding a bike at night, she was freaked out by the pervert and she fell out on the street, bleeding on her head!

That was so serious that my school had to send an email to all students, both girls, and boys gave an alert about these issues and work with the police officer. People walk with a group, no one left alone at night, officers walking around the dorm...

It was a terrible time:'// some of my friends move out of the dorm and being more careful.

Guys, be careful, especially girls... try to avoid walking alone at night, always bring something that can protect you in case!

Oh my God! That is so scary! I think being a pervert is a huge issue especially if its coming from a country that is considered one of the safest one in the world. One thing that I can theorized about it is that maybe, being a pervert is already being normalized in their culture. Like, we see it normally in dramas and most specially in anime that to the point that it invites that kind of thinking in Japan. Also, it also has something to do with Japanese nature in general. They are the type who does not have enough time to have a lot of human interaction and just mind their own thing. So, it can be a very twisted way to approach things they cannot do with the people who knows them or they are attracted to. Stay strong there and I hope you don't get to experience such horror again!

Comment

• RonnieP
      RonnieP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Sololevellingirl and you too! This is really serious and dangerous issues because since foreigners becoming the target (we do not know Japanese so its harder to shout or call for help, right? ), many girls can be the victims of this kind of criminal.
Working...
X