X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prevent pervert in Japan???

Dear guys,
    Since I made a post about the pervert in Japan. I think I should share from my experience and my friends how we stay safe and avoid this serious issue.

As you might know, criminals are easy to act in the dark so unless you have a work or job that required you come home late, you should not go out at midnight ALONE. Because you would easier become the target and no one near you enough to save you.
    - Remember, do not use earphones, listening to music if you're late at night or in the dark. Those things just prevent you to recognize the sound that someone behind you or the dangerous around. If you do this, you're putting your self at risk of not fast enough to run or realize the criminals.
    - Remember the "koban" or the police office that near you or on your way you walking from the station to home. Or even "combini" the convenience store is helpful like Seven-Eleven (they are 24/24 bright). This is where you should run to when you're being chase !!!!
    - Learn some Japanese words that help you like "Help me" and the police number.
    - In my university, girls are provided this anti pervert, this is small and handle. Whenever you feel dangerous, pull out the string, it will make a SUPER LOUD SOUND that similar to the police car! This will make the pervert scare and get attention to other people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	anti pervert.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1594

There is just some tips that summarize. Please share your ideas on this! Add something more!:eek:

Thank you so much, guys. Stay safe in Japan

Thank you for all the tips!
    I think everyone should learn some Simple Self Defense Moves in case.
    I will leave the link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4_8PoRQP8w

Comment

This is a wonderful tip for everyone especially tourists who barely know anything about the place and might end up a target by these perverts. And I like that anti pervert device that you suggested. It's going to work everywhere. I actually remembered some years ago when I used to hang out with my friends and relatives a lot out to drink or go places and I come home at dawn. I don't have any private transportation so I'm used to walking when going home. Men in the streets sometimes holler at me. Because I really wanted to get a tattoo and I also thought it would make me look tough so these perverts won't bother me anymore, I decided to get one on my arm, something clear enough for everyone to see even just by streetlamps. :D When I go out at night, I wear sleeveless tops so my tattoo would be very obvious and well I think it works because men or bystanders just ignore me. It doesn't mean I encourage women to get tattoos but I think those who would want one has this reason to add to their list before they make their decision. Maybe this isn't for Japanese women because I know having a tattoo would cause problems there because of the rep it has but I'm just saying why not if you are just a tourist anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X