X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking accommodations in Japan

There are a lot of possible ways to get the best accommodations depending upon your budget and needs.

Here's a few pointers that I have learned while travelling:

1. If you want to have a place that is really cheap and you have an energy for walking and commute, opt for accommodations that are far from the city centre or tourist spots. You can definitely book an area with a lot of amenities, and space for the same amount of money on hotels that are located in prime areas.

2. If you want to save energy, but you want cheaper options despite being near the city: you usually have to sacrifice space and comfort. Location like these are usually located in upper floor (lucky if you have elevators) or smaller that what you imagine it should be.

3. It is usually better to use airbnb in Japan if you are in groups, budget hotels as couples and dorm type or capsule if you are going solo.

4. It always pays to pick locations that are near the train and convenient stores. Japan usually closes establishments early. So it is always handy to have 'combinis' near you for those late night snacks.

How about you? Do you have other pointers to add?

I totally agree with you:'> thank you for all the tips.
    Using Airbnb can help you have a general price in each part of the place you're going to. This is very important for the first time coming to travel to Japan. And living away (a bit) from a big city (Tokyo for example) can save a lot of money and have a bigger place:"))
    You can choose a place that takes 5-7 minutes to station, this is a perfect distance that the price of accommodation not too pricy and you can travel easily.

Comment

When you mentioned the word "combini" I was like "what now"? I didn't know that word is slang for convenience stores. Airbnb always has a better rate when it comes to accommodations in Japan. Thanks, I'll always look for those that have convenience stores when renting a place again for my next travels in that country. Although convenience stores are always just a few blocks away from the places I've been to in Japan. Getting a place near a train station is what's hard since these are the ones that are usually more expensive. I hope some of them have cheaper rates in Airbnb.

Comment

Working...
      X