X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Charms and Why you should return them.

Has anyone visited a shrine and noticed all the charms that they are selling? It is often in different colours and have certain definition of what it is used for.

For those who decided to buy one: Did you know that it has a reverse effect also? It is said that usually, charms bought in shrine has 1 year effectivity. If you don't return it back to the shrine and let them do a ritual after a year of use, it will reverse its effect on you. So if you bought one for luck you because unlock as time goes by after a year!

oh.... this is the first time I hear about this. I did have a charm and still keep. I should think about how to return it >.< thank you for your info!

Comment

I think I've watched an anime years ago which talked about charms and I think this was mentioned. I'd like to try buy one when I get there but if I have to go back after a year then I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me to buy because travelling to Japan isn't that cheap. It's great to immerse in traditions but sometimes we have to research some more about it so just in case it's really possible that it has reverse effects like the charms, we won't get into trouble in the future. It's a pity for those who bought them and they really were potent when the reverse effects kicked in. We'll just hope and pray nothing serious happened to all of them and I do hope to they find their way back to the shrines so things will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sololevellingirl View Post
        Has anyone visited a shrine and noticed all the charms that they are selling? It is often in different colours and have certain definition of what it is used for.

For those who decided to buy one: Did you know that it has a reverse effect also? It is said that usually, charms bought in shrine has 1 year effectivity. If you don't return it back to the shrine and let them do a ritual after a year of use, it will reverse its effect on you. So if you bought one for luck you because unlock as time goes by after a year!
        What the... I bought a ton of charms and sent most of them as souvenirs to my friends! LOL. I've never heard of that before so this is a real shock to me. That's a great way to have people coming back to your shrines I guess. I don't remember seeing any payments for the blessings that they do for the charms by the way. Does anyone know if there's payment for having your charms be blessed in the shrine once again and for how much? I hope they extend the reversal of the charms from 1 year to 2 years at least. LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X