X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the idea of Japanese Kokohaku

I don't know if this is the right way to court someone but no one ever really cares about that. If I understand it correctly, men (or perhaps even women?) would say that they will confess they love a person they want before they begin courting them. And this is really nice. At least there's clarity for their status. A lot of people would often do something for the person they like before confessing what they feel for them. I guess in Japan they also have a formal way of entering into this kind of relationship. Reading about Kokohaku makes me understand why most animes characters in highschool always say I love you first before making a move. I always thought that's just random and not based on any tradition.

I noticed this, too. Showing your intention with an I love you or I like you is pretty brave but it's somewhat practical in case there's a competition lurking around the person you have feelings for because the territory is already marked. It also helps that person you like assess the situation if he or she can reciprocate the feelings of the person. In some cultures courtship is masked with friendly gestures and it's altogether confusing and a waste of time because it's sometimes ends up that the person trying to be a friend to show up his or her love loses in the end to someone else. But I prefer the Japanese way of confessing love because it's more objective, honest and sincere.

Comment

Working...
    X