X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Penis Festival!

There is one festival in Japan I really want to see, its called the penis festival. A big wooden penis gets carried along the street while girls along the street are eating penis shaped icecreams, lol. Where and when can I see this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	penis festival.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	258

Name:	penis_festival.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	259

Is it really in Japan? I never heard such a festival.
    Also, Japan is a sexually conservative country, so I can’t imagine there is such a festival.
    Ice creams are really look like something, sooo embarrassing,,,,.

Comment

I might get some of those ice blocks for the wife, she needs the practice

Comment

Hillbilly lol

Comment

Haha, I'm definitely going to that festival! looks like a real laugh!

Comment

Its great! everyone has such a fun time, but lots of crowds!

Comment

Well without a doubt this is probably one of those "Only in Japan" seen festivals and surprisingly it seems to be very popular with the locals and tourists alike. Just imagine yourself carrying a big pink enshrined pen~ and then one of your friends will take a photo and post it on facebook or instagram. I bet you'd want to (insert appropriate word) them and erase all the evidence! But then again, for open minded people they'd just laugh it off and applaud you for doing something that they never did. I hope i get the chance to see this festival when I go to Japan :P

Comment

Yup. It is one of those strange festivals and things, only Japan can do to make the netizens go huh?! haha
                Japan is in an almost desperate rate to up their ante on fertility because they have a high percentage of old people among their population.

Comment

woah! my question is why?
                  is there any story or legend or anything to this?

Comment

Lol I can't help but laugh at the topic starter's name and the topic he presented here. hahaha
                    I think this festival is a fertility ritual of their ancestors. Right?

Comment

Oh my! I gotta tell my girl friends about this unique festival! haha.. The festival may sound funny to anyone who has not witnessed it, just like me. Actually, I think the festival is done to raise awareness for safe sex, most especially with the LGBT community. Also, it should help spread the prevention of any sexually transmitted infection such as AIDS. The event is held to give importance to fertility too. For sure, this festival has drawn more tourists over time. This is actually one of the weirdest festivals I know by now. The festival is reportedly running for 39 years.

Comment

I went and it was definitely interesting. A lot of penis-shaped candy.

Comment

LOL. This looks really fun! This is the first time I've heard of this festival in detail. I think I've seen some memes related to this before but I didn't understand what they meant back then. Then I've come across this thread of yours haha! Basically the entire festival is about praying for safe sex and that there won't be any infertility disease or some sort so they pray this to their gods every spring. It's going to be celebrated on the 1st of April. If you guys want to be at the exciting event this year then you still have a chance.

Name:	sub-buzz-13002-1554822802-1.jpg?downsize=1600:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	1388

Comment

Working...
                          X