X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese foods in convenience stores is a must!

I've been to other countries but no other country has taken convenience stores more seriously than Japan. Not only that they have almost everything that you'll need but they also offer fresh and delicious food. I'm really surprised by this actually since some of the dishes that I've tasted almost tastes like the ones in local stores. The only difference is that you'll be eating it inside a convenience store. Bento sets are a must and their hot pot dishes always hit the spot. If you ever need to have a midnight snack in Japan and local restaurants are already closed, don't hesitate to taste their meals in convenience stores. You won't regret it.

I've seen some blogs about how awesome convenience stores in Japan are. I'm quite envious since I love Japanese food and in other countries like where I live, Japanese restaurants and even just authentic Japanese instant food is quite expensive. Instant food like an original cup of Nissin noodles that's imported from Japan is twice as expensive as a cup of Korean instant noodles. You can't even buy imported Japanese instant food from convenience stores here unlike from other countries. You can buy them in big groceries though but yes, still quite expensive. When I visit Japan this year, I'll go straight to 711 or Lawson and try for myself whatever goodies they have. I'm sure what they have won't disappoint. Thanks for the tips, Koohler !

Comment

Agreed. I used to pick up omelet rice from the 7-11 near my place and it was very good compared to the 7-11s I now visit in Chicago.

Comment

Yeah, somehow their foods in convenience stores are amazing and could be compared to the same type of foods in other restaurants. I can also see how fresh the foods always is as I always see lots of trays beside the convenience store lined up to replace the old food. I can always smell how good they are already when I'm taking a morning walk at the same block where our hotel is located at. That's one of the great things about Japan, they always make sure that the food they are serving is fresh and always replaced by new ones regularly.

Comment

So true with the food freshness! However if you are trying to save some money. I'm advising that you guys visit the super markets before closing or during midnights for the 24 hrs one! They do sales during those time since they plan to make fresh food the next day!

Comment

undothediet That's great advice. I used to always go to the store by my station after work and get a good meal for almost half-price.

Comment

I think Japanese convent stores are literary convenient!! You can do so money things there.
              You can buy groceries, food, buy concert tickets, bus tickets, send letters, return products you ordered from the internet, order Christmas cakes and so on.
              It is one of Japan's greatest things!

Comment

Working...
              X