X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish markets in Tsukiji

Anybody been to the fish markets in Tsukiji, looks like it could be interesting for a look and a few pictures, any tips on how to get there?

I have been to Tsukiji market once, but unfortunately the market was closed that day because of Sunday.
    It is disappointing memory.
    So, don`t go to Tsukiji market on Sunday, however even though the market was close, there are nice fresh sushi restaurant around there, so I did enjoy some fresh sushi though.
    Here is info about Tsukiji market, so please check it before you go.
    Last edited by Tokyo Posts; 16th August 2016, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I want to go to Tsukiji market and watch Tuna auction. Has anyone seen it?

Comment

No I havent seen the market, but Im keen to go now after seeing your photo and video yoshi , and thanks Misaki for the info

Comment

I've seen it and its worth the train trip, but you have to get up early in the morning and I think now you may have to book to see some areas, as they have limits on the people moving around

Hours
          Outer Market: varies by shop, typically 5:00 to 14:00
          Wholesale Area: open to visitors after 9:00am
          Tuna Auction: open to visitors from 5:25am to 6:15am (restricted to 120 visitors/day)

Closed
          Sundays, national holidays and some Wednesdays (see "English Links" below).
          The tuna auction gets closed to tourists for a few weeks over New Year (usually from early December to mid January) to ensure a smooth and accident free course of business during that busy time of the year

Comment

Its not as free as it used to be, once you could walk around with your camera a bit and get some excellent shots, but now they restrict access a lot to the main market, but still worth a look for sure.
            It became too popular and they had to restrict access in some areas, after all it is primarily a commercial site

Comment

I didn't know that the Tsukiji market is located in Tokyo. I've been to Tokyo. If I only knew, I would make a visit there myself. I also watched a lot of news and other vlogs about that famous market where tuna fishes are often being auctioned at incredibly high prices that I can imagine. I forgot the name of that Japanese businessman who owns famous sushi restaurants in Japan. He would often be included in the news for winning the bid of the most expensive tuna in the Tsukiji auctions. Thanks for the tips about the limits of the visitors allowed there. At least I'll be prepared the next time I go there.

Comment

I saw it yoshi . It was cool, but we had to get there at about 3 am and then sit on the floor in a crowded room for a few hours. Looking back, I'm not entirely sure if it was all worth it for 15 minutes of people yelling in a language I don't understand. That being said, everyone was really nice. One of the workers offered his umbrella to my friend and I.

Comment

Working...
                X