X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEAHkiniku!

So, I have always been wondering since Korean Samgyupsal is starting to get all the hype different countries, but how come not a lot of people are aware that Japan's Yakiniku is on a different level?

In no disrespect, I love samgyupsal. However Japan's beef is on a different level. It is something that I kept coming back for.

Yakiniku is a classic. I've loved it even before Samgyupsal was all the rage. I think it's because Japanese restaurants have been around a longer time than Korean restaurants and whichever Japanese restaurant I go to, yakiniku is almost always on point. Gyudon is amazing, too but more subtle, yakiniku always has that fragrance from sesame seeds and the sweet salty marinade that is just so delectable. I like Samgyupsal, too but it's more of the set up that I like about it, not necessarily the taste of the meats because it's not marinated unless you order galbi or whatever marinated kind they serve. But yakiniku will always be the same taste, the same fragrance and the mouthfeel is also the same.

Comment

Working...
    X