X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specialty Restaurant: A growing Trend

This is something that I noticed clearly now more than before.

If you are someone like me who kept track and search for best places to eat and looks for reviews. One of the things that I have noticed is that more specialty restaurants are getting popular now in Japan.

These are the type of restaurants that has only one or two menus with little to no add-on on the sides.

It also suggest that since they only have little selection, they will focus on one thing: doing one dish perfectly and precisely all the time.

Do you think this is a good trend? or would you rather still have the usual restaurants with variety of selections?

I think this is a very good trend. Such practice is popular in Japan. I think this is really a part of their culture, mastering their skills on one thing and continue to focus on that for the rest of their career. Like that man who is making moshu manjui in Japan. It's a bread-like dish that's very soft and sweet. Anyway, that guy's been doing that the traditional way by hand. They're already famous for making that and he can even ask for a machine to create it for them. Yet he chose to still do it by hand. It's his passion. It's his specialty, his own art.

Comment

I think its really nice >.< It would be easier for me to chose the dish that I am sure this is the best in this restaurant:")))). And Rose445 was right, this is kinda Japanese culture Japanese would try to be expert in 1 thing than be just "good" in everything.

Comment

Working...
      X