X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Japan’s street-food expensive?

Living in Japan for 2 years I have to admit that Japan’s street food, especially in a festival is quite expensive:'/. This is from my perspective, for example, the average of those street foods will be between 300yen to 500yen each dish. The price of the banana with chocolate was about 300yen while the stick of pork would cost 500yen or 600yen... It is quite expensive, right? And the price of a stick of pork is equal to a cup of fried chicken...?
    Besides the price, I have to be honest the food is delicious and they have good quality.
    In my home country, those street-foods cost only 100yen to 300yen per dish and they are still good. That may be the reason why I feel street food in Japan is quite expensive.
    Do you guys have any other ideas or opinions about this?

Totally agree with the street foods! There are times that I think it is better to buy in convenience stores because you can get a full set of mean with the same price! However, there is still beauty with eating street foods especially around winter so maybe we are paying more of the experience rather than the food itself?

Comment

Hmm... Now that you mentioned it... Yeah, they are quite expensive. Except for the Kobe beef being sold as street foods. I think it's really worth it. It's so tasty, so juicy. Every bite of that meat is really delicious and puts the taste right to my soul. There's another beef meat being sold but I already forgot what's it called. Just try to order one before ordering many because some of them are not as good as the other stores selling Kobe beef on sticks. Some are even overpriced. I mean it's already expensive for 1000 yen for one stick and some would even go as high as 3000 yen.

Comment

Working...
      X