X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takoyaki in Different Ways

So I have been in this store in Tokyo Sky Tree where they serve different kinds of Takoyaki depending upon which area it is from. I was a bit shaken because I have only tried them in Osaka and it was AMAZING! I didn't get to try everything but I still ended up loving the one made in Osaka.

Also, I am not even sure if it is true that they serve takoyaki in Japan differently. Have you tried eating takoyaki in other areas? How was it arrange/made for you? And most importantly, was it good?

Ooooh I love snacking on Takoyaki! I'm curious as to how else it's cooked. I don't live in Japan but there are Takoyaki stalls everywhere here especially in food courts inside malls. I know it's traditionally with octopus but over here it's mainly with veggies. The red sauce is added over the piping hot balls and could either be just sweet and sour or sweet and spicy, then Japanese mayo or some sort of mayo is drizzled over it, meat floss and bonito flakes serves as the garnish. It's pretty and really yummy and I've been eating them since I was in college more than a decade ago. There are other versions but pretty much the filling is the same. I haven't really tried the authentic ones but if I end up in Japan sometime soon, I'd definitely try it in Osaka since that's were it originated.

Comment

Working...
    X