X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan's Best Desserts

I know Taiyaki is quite famous in Japan and even ice cream. I've seen quite few travel vlogs that have introduced these desserts but I'm curious as to what other desserts are popular other than those and Japanese Cheesecake. I know their cheesecake is quite different from what I'm normally accustomed to and a friend of mine tried baking it. She said it's quite tricky to make but it can be baked in a rice cooker which is cool. I also love Japanese chocolates not just Kitkat. (I'll post another topic about this). I think there's something about Japanese desserts that just spell perfection most of the time. Everything's almost all the time well made. I've read about the ice cream in Awaji Island that they said is popular there, too. The island is near Kobe and I think it's a tourist attraction over there, too. What have you tried so far that you've really loved and have been coming back for it?

For Redbean based: I love Manjuu, I like it warm but they also serve them in normal temp. Then soft serve Ice cream around Hokkaido area as well as cheese and cheese cakes is absolutely delicious also! The milk around Hokkaido area is the one of the best! Soufflé Pancakes are also popular now! It is best eaten around Osaka area.

Comment

I've watched a video about Soufflé Pancakes and yes, they've been quite popular lately. I hope they're not too sweet because desserts that are really too sweet put me off. I also want to try their matcha flavored desserts because it looks like they don't skimp on the matcha flavor like what I've seen elsewhere. Ice cream is lovely everywhere and specially the places where milk is a topnotch product. I saw in my cousin's photos that they were able to try like a towering ice cream on a cone. I forgot to ask him where he got it but that too is a must try along with their frozen desserts.

Comment

I know this is not a Japanese traditional sweet but I keep going back to beard papa a cream puff place. It is so cheap like 2-3 dollars and quite tasty. You end up wanting more after you finish eating one cream puff.
        And Shoto cake in Japan is really tasty too. Pretty simple but I'm sure anyone would love it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	rc732x546_1610131751_e8606eda8829a9b0dd63a3e3efe63565.jpg Views:	16 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	1641

Comment

I have never tried their desserts but I know they taste good.

Comment

Working...
          X