X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Popularity of Ichiran Ramen

As we always discussed, there are lot of varieties of Ramen in Japan and you will notice that once you get to travel around it. However, one of the famous brand that I tend to notice is the Ichiran Ramen. Most of the stores that are scattered around the country tend to have a lot of people lining up on it. And they even have branches outside Japan like in Hong Kong and in Taiwan!

I think they're main selling point is the broth. It is so rich and tasty not to mention their ramen formula is perfect. I'd suggest you guys try it if you have a chance or eat again if you have already!

I think ichiran is good. But I still get a fast-food vibe from it.
    I think the reason why it is so popular is because the atmosphere of the restaurant gives you the feeling of a old Japanese ramen place and everything is in English to attract tourists and the price is reasonable.
    But when you go to a normal local ramen place it is totally different.
    I myself am not a big fan of ramen so I didn't quite know how to behave in a real ramen place. In my experience, you get to pick the thickness and flavor and other things about the ramen you like and then you wait for a while for it to be ready because there is usually only one ramen master/chef working. Then you get the food, eat (don't forget to slurp to show appreciation) and then a lot of people usually drink the soup as well. Then, you wipe the bowl where you put your mouth at, place the hashi on the bowl and put it back on the counter where the chef gave you the bowl. Then you have to make sure you say gochisosamade****a (Thank you for the food).
    It is some tense steps to eat one ramen because it is usually very quiet in a ramen restaurant as well.
    I think if you want to experience this strange yet interesting ramen culture in Japan, you might as well go to a local ramen place.

Comment

I'd definitely try that out when I get there. I've been a ramen fan since after college which was almost 2 decades ago. I've heard of Ichiran and there's like some ramen joints here in our country who serves top notch ramen which is I guess almost close to Ichiran but I'm pretty sure it's not. I've seen food vlogs about it and what's really different is the ambiance and of course how you order which is totally non-existent here. All Japanese stores here and really restaurants and nothing like the restaurants in Japan. I've also heard that the instant version of the Ichiran ramen has already reached our shores and although I'm not too keen on trying it because I'm all for the real deal but maybe later on I will.

Comment

Working...
      X