X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Poisoning in Sushi

This is a famous concern in my country as eating raw food isn't as common here as it is in Japan. So, when I first arrived in Japan, I was adamant tottery their sushi. However, I fell involve with it and it turns out that Japan take their food safety seriously! I would stir stay "when in doubt, throw it out" , avoid eating raw or suspicious foods on street foods area and pick a common or famous and trusted restaurant always! But don't kill your fun by being scared!

You just have to be a bit picky as to where you buy your food. From where I live, raw food is also very common, especially fish but we prepare it like Mexican ceviche so it's not entirely raw because the acidity "cooks" the fish or whatever seafood you like. I love raw oysters, too but it's normally baked or grilled over here. I think it also depends on the person because there are really tummies that are sensitive to certain food especially if it's raw. The thing is, it's part of the adventure to try out something new, especially food and I think if you go to a new place and be a bit too picky, it takes out some part of the adventure that you are after. As far as I know, only pregnant women should lay low on certain types of sushi because of the possible bacterial contamination or the presence of mercury in certain fishes.

Comment

Working...
    X