X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried...

Horsemeat? Is it good? It seems to be a delicacy in Japan.

Personally, I haven't eaten Horsemeat. I did hear that there are a few restaurants in Japan that serve this unique delicacy. The first time I heard one of my friends joke about "horsemeat sushi", I thought he was just talking nonsense. Like seriously, why would anyone eat raw horsemeat sushi? Unfortunately, some people does eat them and I for one are very interested on what they have to say about it. Due to my curiosity of this topic title and that "joke" my friend told me years ago, I checked a few videos on the web and from their reaction, it seems that it taste "Surprisingly Good". Hmmm.... I think I'll consider trying it out myself when I go to Japan during the Olympics.

Comment

It might be a delicacy in certain areas, but it's not very common. I don't think I even saw it, although I did see emu sushi once.
      Horsemeat is eaten in various countries, including France and Spain. I tried some horse ham once and it was rather nice. It's quite a lean meat. I'm guessing, Louie, that some people think it's "surprisingly" good because they expect horse to be stringy or something. Many people aren't used to the idea of horse as food.

Comment

some of my friends told me the meat is a bit hard because all muscle almost no fat. i joked and said maybe those were racing horse

Comment

Working...
        X