X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many themed cafes do you know?

This is something that I think I've never seen in the UK, but that can be seen fairly regularly in Japan: themed cafes. I'm not talking about animal cafes, although you could possibly argue that a cat cafe is indeed "themed". I'm more talking about ones that are related to anime, or maybe computer games. It's easier if I give some examples, so let me start the list!

1) Moomin cafe (this one was cute - you could sit at a table with a huge plushie Moomin to keep you company)
    2) Evangelion (I think this one was a limited time only one in Akihabara)
    3) Haikyuu (this was a very limited time one, in an Animate store in Sendai; the cafe changes it's theme quite regularly)

Keep more examples coming, whether you've heard of them or actually been there!

I've heard of some. There are some really crazy themed places in Japan.
    I've not been to any, but I've heard of these:
    4) Kawaii Monster Cafe, which looks psychedelic, you could get great photos here
    5) Peanuts
    6) My Little Pony, not my thing but I know someone who wants to go

Do you know if there's a Pokémon one? You'd hope so.

Comment

Wow! I've never heard of the Monster Cafe before, but I've looked it up now. That seems crazy! I wonder how much food coloring and sugar is in those desserts?
      I don't know about Pokémon, I'm afraid, but it does sound possible. Pokémon isn't really my thing, so maybe someone else can help us? Or we could just look it up, I suppose XD

Comment

Working...
      X