X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool ice-cream ;)

Japan seriously has some of the coolest food. I've written a post about bento, which look really beautiful, and a post about flavours of crisps, and flavours of Pocky. But they also do cool-looking, crazy flavours of ice-cream, too!
    As usual, I have some photos of ice-cream. The first one is apparently soba ice-cream, like soba noodles. Soba is buckwheat, so I have no idea what that would be like in an ice-cream. Savoury-tasting maybe?
    The second photo is ice-cream that looks like a flower. It's in two flavours as well, strawberry and something else, at a guess.

I want to try sakura ice-cream sometime, because that sounds really different. I've heard you can get all kinds of other flavours of soft-serve ice-cream, too. I've had black sesame ice-cream in a restaurant once and that was delicious. Do you know any others?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_8294.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	806 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0204.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	805

I don't even care now anymore what flavor is the one that looks like a flower, I just want to have it haha! It looks really cute and unique, how did they do that huh? It looks like the perfect petals of a flower. I've tasted soba noodles before and I'm not really a fan of it. Ice creams are supposed to taste sweet so I don't know why someone made it taste like the soba noodles. That's really something but I don't know if a lot of people would always request it. If I want to taste soba, then I would just opt to go to a noodle/ramen house and order a soba noodle.

Comment

The first Japanese people to try ice cream were likely the Samurai who visited ... It's virtually tasteless but has a refreshing cool texture that matches ice cream ..

Comment

Working...
      X