X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Japanese people really environment-friendly?

Before coming to Japan I thought people here really care about the environment and "eco". Seeing them sperate rubbish with burn and un burn stuff I really admire. However, after 2 years living here I really people here no "eco" like that I thought. If you go to the convenience store, each banana has its own wrap, each apple has its own wrap. Even I bought so many foods from the supermarket, they would grab it in a separate nylon bag. After once a week living in Japan, my room has nothing more than nylon bags ))))))))))))))))))) nylon bag EVERYWHERE !!
    What do you guys think about this issue ??

Wraps are okay because it's sanitary and makes sure the food is fresh and clean. It's just that these wraps should be biodegradable so that it's still eco-friendly. With food most of the time, it really can't be helped that we have to use plastic containers especially the ones with sauces or are soupy or tend to get bad easily. It also diminishes the quality of the food if it's not properly packed and stored. With Japan, I guess they'll be able to figure it out in the future as to how to deal with it. In the city where I live, the local gov't has imposed the use of paper bags and eco-friendly bags in the market and establishments on Wednesdays and Saturdays. So, if you buy like a gallon of ice cream on a Saturday, just remember to bring an eco bag so you won't have to carry your gallon of ice cream wrapped in newspaper on a rainy day perhaps or possibly end up with numb fingers when you get home if you opt to not wrap it in newspaper or any paper for that matter.

Comment

This is how it's really like when you're living there haha! Even my trash bins all have nylon or plastic bags and they're always full of it. They do have ads before to tourists saying how eco-friendly they are and yet when I see the garbage collectors collect the trash from the hotels I've stayed at, it's not just me but other Japanese neighbors as well who have full of trash bags with plastics. I know because you can clearly see what they are LOL. I was a bit embarrassed at first but when I saw that, nah, I guess there's really no such thing as eco-friendly in this country at all.

Comment

Working...
      X