X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sorry I can't speak english"

This is something really weird since when I visited in Dotonbori, a place that's famous for local and foreign tourists alike, the sales staff at some of the stores are even kind of rude when saying "sorry I can't speak English" because they do so in a kind of arrogant way. I know it's okay to be proud of your language but I really think it's rude to say it angrily at foreigners who don't know how to speak it. I mean how do they even expect to sell in such an area where tourists are the target buyers? What's worse, after I moved to the next store, this guy spoke broken but understandable English to another customer!

I understand you. For the first time I been to Japan, I can not speak Japanese...just some basic words. But Japanese people are not willing to speak other languages, just their language. Living in the dorm, the host- a Japanese woman used to say to us (foreign students) that we should study Japanese harder before study anything else...in a very aggressive way. It was hurt because we try to communicate with them by English (the global language) while they only expect us to use Japanese.

Comment

Working...
    X