X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese people do not like foreigner?

As a foreigner and living in Japan, I fell some discrimination between being foreigner and Japanese. Whatever I do, people- my boss and colleagues will probably belive in Japanese staff than foreigners. I saw many clips with the same content that foreigner is sitting on the train and the Japanese people try to avoid him/her. Moreover, a foreigner like me- students or young does not have a voice, or even we want to stand out and speak for ourselves, we would feel underestimated and disrespectful.
    Have you ever have a disrespect look from Japanese?
    Some Japanese people think that we come to their countries and cause a high rate of crime, but I feel like they have a very negative impression on foreigners.
    Do you ever have difficulty or being treated worse than other Japanese colleagues?
    I talk with my other foreign friends and they have the same feeling so I believe that this is true and I am not sensitive at all.

Hi RonnieP! I'm not sure about this because when I was little we had a neighbor who worked for a Japanese company in our city and she was sent to Japan for training several times. Everytime she comes home, there are always plenty of gifts from her Japanese colleagues and the Japanese family who were her foster family there. She always spoke highly of them and shares the gifts to us. There's always something for me, too. Like a pair of kiddie chopsticks, a Gameboy and always there's pastries and chocolates. She's always gushing how nice they were to her and how hospitable they were. And of course, she's a foreigner there. I also have a colleague who quit the company we worked for and found a job in Japan. A few years after she moved there, we learned that she got married to a Japanese guy and she even brought the guy here for them to get married in the city where we live. There's some more people I know who've had experience working there and living there for sometime but there were no complaints really.

Comment

• RonnieP
      RonnieP commented
      Editing a comment
      woaa.. they are very nice people:'>> I did not have that experience before... hope that in the near future I am lucky enough to meet those lovely Japanese people. Thank you for your story MisakiChan

• MisakiChan
      MisakiChan commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome, RonnieP!
Working...
X