X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Exchange Tips

This is one of the most essential tips that I could think of when travelling in Japan in General.

Of course we tend to prepare ourselves before going there but most often than not and because of all the things that we want to buy since Japan has a lot to offer we still need more JPYs (Japanese Yen) for our shopping and daily travel needs.

So where is the best place to exchange one?

Tip #1: It is safe to exchange your country's currency to either US dollars or Pounds. Most of the money exchange areas in Japan have limited country currency. It is not limited to USD or EUR but I believe they only cater 12 countries with machine ones hence it is safe to exchange your currency if it is not included in those 12 list of countries.

Tip #2: It is usually better to do you money exchange outside the airport.

Tip #3: Although Smart Money Exchange or Money Exchange Machines are available on a lot of areas, it has one of the lowest exchange rate I know.

Tip #4:And even if they are all Machines, most of them have different exchange rates! So check and compare.

Tip #5: Manned Money Exchange are still the best area for good deals.

Tip#6: It is better to do the exchange in less populated areas like Kyoto or Nagoya rather than in cities like Tokyo.

Tip #7: Check your net on the day itself which money exchange company has their best deals and go there.

ps: If you're in Akihabara, best I've seen is in Ninja Money Exchange. It is hard to find because it is on the 5th floor but the difference is worth the effort!

thank you for your tips, I think they are very useful:">> I did hear someone said about that I should not exchange or put money on the ATM at the Airport .. don't know why but I think we should go to the bank, shouldn't we?

Comment

Working...
    X