X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there popular spots in Japan where you have to travel by sea?

When it comes to Japan, we've all heard about their trains, their maglev train, generally their land transportation or by air. But are there places in Japan where people have to travel by ferry or by boat? Are there any must-visit destinations where we travel by sea? I've heard that there are islands there but are they even that popular? Just curious because other countries in Asia have popular tourist spots that are travelled by sea and the only way for foreigners to get to the actual place are by ferry or boat or ship.

I believe Okinawa is one of them. You can only get there either from plane or ferry. And it is also a tourist destination. They are popular during spring season and they are also known for their beaches!

Comment

Yes yes >.< I have the same question with MisakiChan. I always want to try to travel by sea or similar places but I have no ieads where to start? Japan is surrounded by seawater but I do not really know where I can enjoy totally into the sea? thank youuu

Comment

Hi Sololevellingirl! I think Okinawa was one of the places the gang in Meteor Garden 2001 went to (Okay, you probably have an idea how old I am now ). And yeah I they were on a yacht or something. That's the first time I've heard of that place but I wasn't sure if it was an island or just a town with beaches around it. So this is interesting because RonnieP also hasn't heard of any popular islands around Japan. Yes, the reason exactly why I'm asking is because the country is an archipelago but their islands aren't that popular compared to other countries' islands. We'd be happy to hear some more suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X