X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Free / Tax Refund and Special Plastic in Don Quijote

If you are a tourist, you will probably extend some time looking and shopping in Don Quijote (Donki) for something to bring home with. It can be souvenirs, or food or shirts anything.

Then if you are trying save, you are most definitely going to do Tax Refund!

Tax refund are for foreigners that are planning to buy more than 5,000 yen worth of products that you won't be going to consume inside Japan but bring back to your own country.

Usually, if it is technologies or bags only, you can use them inside Japan but if it is consumables like cosmetics, food etc. , it will be pack in a special plastic which says: DO NOT OPEN and sentences along the way of you can't open open it while inside Japan and you will have to pay on the used item in the airport once they checked.

I had this one incident where I didn't get to read that and opened it. And I was worried the whole time in the airport and was not looking forward for any fees and taxes when I was checking in. But none of my items got checked for the tax free items. So, in the end I felt silly about that.

So for those who had the same accident, all I'm saying is don't worry!

Yep! don't need to worry about the special plastic ). I and my family used to open it on purpose. Because we need to organize stuff into the vali so we decide to open it while the staff in Don Quijote said we must not do so. Moreover, we also remove the receipts that they stick on our passport, but we still keep it in case. I used to worry so much when doing that but there was nothing happen. I believe they just avoid the people who stay here and still get the gree tax stuff. The free tax is extremely saved your money.

Comment

Working...
    X