X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Friendly Shopping in Japan: Where do locals go to shop?

Foreigners go to places to visit tourist spots, eat local food and of course.. shop! Shopping is one of my stress relievers, probably second to eating and my friends who go to Japan and barely researched on where to shop had a hard time figuring out which place is the best so I don't want my stress reliever to turn into a stressor just like what happened to them if I end up taking a trip to the country. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of branded stores and boutiques but so I can shop more, it would be wise to shop at budget friendly establishments. I'd love to hear your suggestions especially those who've been there or who've lived there so I know where to go and not go bankrupt before going home.

you should check Bookoff, hard off,... there is some famous 2hand shop that Japanese often come. The stuff in these stores is still in good condition and you can find various Japanese and only Japanese. There are also many new things that Japanese people did not use, just check this out

Comment

I can think of Book off, Daiso, Outlet Stores, Second Hand Stores, and 100 yen shops!

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions! Actually I was thinking more like department store quality stores and not really second hand ones. We have Daiso stores where we live and some stores that sell Japanese Merchandise as well. I was thinking more like grocery type stores or department stores that aren't too expensive. Like where I can buy chocolates, cosmetics, household stuff... like a Daiso still but something bigger and have a wide range of merchandise. It would be great for me to shop there so I can buy all the stuff that I'll give away to my friends back home and also for myself and our family. I might not have the time to window shop that's why it's nicer to just go to one store and buy at least most of everything I need there.

Comment

Working...
        X