X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinkansen - A whole experience you shouldn't miss.

I was travelling from Tokyo to Sapporo somewhere last year and I want to fully use my JR pass so I opted to ride the 8hr Shinkansen-train ride rather than do the 1.5 hr flight. And I am so happy I did! There are a lot of advantages when using riding Shinkansen. The seat is comfortable and the leg space is amazing.
    You will have to be the first ones to enter the car unfortunately if you want to have the chance to have a luggage space at the back/front of each car. This goes handy if you want the leg space I am talking about. If not, all the leg space will be taken by your luggage. Some shinkansens (like the on for Sapporo) requires reservation on all their seats. So you will not be able to go there without reservation. Some Shinkansen however, have some space for unreserve seats so you can check that for other Shinkansen. Japan's train is almost always, ALWAYS right on time. So, you have to be also. And when you are riding it, feel free to enjoy the free wifi offered there. As well as the snacks being sold on some of the Shinkansen around. It will be announced if they do sell food. So, either check it earlier or buy some snacks just to be sure for the long ride.

That's something I really want to try out, too. But I am more looking forward to riding the Chuo Shinkansen which is a maglev train that is slated to be operational by 2027. I find it really amazing because it's like a blast from the future. It started construction in 2017 and there are still issues with regards to the routes that they are still trying to figure out that's why it's taking a long time for them to finally launch it. The most popular maglev train is in China, the other one in Asia is in South Korea. For now, if I end up in Japan before 2027, I'd surely try the Shinkansen just like vloggers who posted about it.

Comment

Shinkansen is something I'm going to miss about Japan if one day I move out of it.
      It can be a pricy option compared to bus rides but it is really convenient as it is super fast. When I want to go back to my hometown from Tokyo, I usually take a bus through out the night (usually 3000 yen to 6000 yen) but it takes me about seven hours to get to my hometown. Whereas with a bullet train (about 10000 yen) it takes me an hour. It is a great option for emergency and confront in general. Bullet trains are the only type of trains I like in Japan lol

Comment

Working...
      X