X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must know before coming to Japan!

Have you guys ever realize that Japan does not have a street name? And they do not have home numbers. So how could you travel around? The answer is looking at the Google Map
    I was surprised for the first time to come here. I asked my self many times how can I find a place a describe my home if I get lost. But in fact, I still have a home address. Address in Japan differences with the address in my home town or my be other countries too. In my country, we have a clear number, clear street name, and the district. But in Japan, I still not understand the way they have that kind of address... It is combined with the name of that apartment, postcode, and the district.

I did not even know my friend's apartment name until I look at the deliver paper, because there is no tag or banner on his building I was so confused but I am used to it then. No matter the address, the Google Map will find it anyway. This is super cool!

If you guys tending to travel to Japan, just need to aware that they do not have a street name or home number. The best advice I could give is to hold your phone with Google Maps available, take care of the battery, because Japanese have to use this app to find the way too!

If you're in Japan, have you ever be surprised of this small detail?
Working...
X