X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most beautiful place in Japan?

This one is going to be a hard one, because I've seen so many beautiful places in Japan, but I want to hear about anywhere that people have been to or seen pictures of (partly for future travel!)
    Matsushima is considered one of the great beauty spots of Japan, and I agree. When the weather is fine, there is nothing better than spending the day there, or getting a ferry about the bay. I've also been to some great events there at night, from fireworks to an autumn moon viewing (it was huge and red!) The temple is great, too.
    I also really enjoyed visiting the shrine gates up a mountain just outside of Kyoto. I can't remember what it's called, but if you go there on the first train it's very peaceful, walking through shrine gate after shrine gate. I didn't see any monkeys, but apparently they're dangerous anyway...
    One day, I'd like to go to the cafe that looks over clouds. Again, I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but it has a kind of ethereal, unreal quality to it when you see it in photos.

This is indeed very hard...but If i were to choose a place to visit in Japan aside from Tokyo that would be Hokkaido. I've heard that it's a beautiful place and sometimes called the "Last Frontier" of Japan. A place where wildlife runs wild and free without too much contact with people. The climate is also cool for most of the year and the food is absolutely fresh and delicious! It is also a very popular tourist spot, especially during the winter because of the ski resorts that are only found in Hokkaido. Well aside from those reasons, I really like a place with cool weather. I'm the type that melts when it becomes too hot and Hokkaido seems to be the perfect place for me. They also have interesting festivals all year round like the Sapporo Snow Festival in winter and Yosakoi Soran Festival in summer and the colorful Kotohira Shrine Festival.

Comment

I agree with Hokkaido but I hate that its too expensive. Also, I'd like to argue that most of the places in Japan is beautiful and the winner is usually determine depending on which season are you going to go there or at what occasion. For example, I love Shirakawa-go on winter. It looks dreamy especially at night. Basically, everything looks unreal during Sakura Matsuri specifically during illumination. Nabana No Sato in Kuwana City during winter (aka the Winter lights festival) also comes to mind. Any festivals around Kyoto also gives you an amazing ambiance and its historical places and shrines are amazing.

Comment

The temples that are lit at night in Kyoto are really beautiful, especially in the autumn with the colorful leaves and the spring cherry blossoms

Kyoto holds a number of amazing nighttime illuminations at various historical sites around the city in March. Check out some of the highlights here.

Comment

You're quite right, tsubaki nakajima, is does depend on what time of year you're going. Festivals and scenery change so dramatically in Japan! I really want to visit Kyoto in autumn some time, especially after seeing your beautiful picture, Mary-Rose!
          Hokkaido is definitely on my list, Louie. I would love to go to the Sapporo Snow Festival, but I'm not very good with cold weather... I didn't even go to see the "snow monsters" in Yamagata because it seemed rather cold
          There are so many other things to see, though, both natural and otherwise. Another of my favorites that I've just remembered is Sendai's Illumination Festival in winter. There's a really long avenue in the city, with trees going down it the whole way. They cover them in lights and it's spectacular! They even hide a few pink bulbs among the hundreds of others, and it is said that if you spot one while walking with your sweetheart, it means you'll stay together for life.

Comment

This is never ending topic to discuss about most beautiful place in Japan as Japan itself is the most beautiful place. Many people have different opinion and anyone cannot disagree with everyone’s opinion.

If you ask me the most beautiful place in Japan then I would like to say that any place where we can see full view of Mt. Fuji. The specialty of Mt. Fuji is that it makes you realize that how tiny you are in front of THE NATURE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	30
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	669

Name:	
Views:	30
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	670

Name:	
Views:	45
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	671

Comment

I love the view of Mount Fuji. If only I have the time to go right now, I would.

Comment

Ohmygod! No doubt, Mt. Fuji deserves to the named the most beautiful place in Japan.
                Akash Singh beautiful photos you got there bro! Thanks for sharing.
                I definitely would love to see you Mt. Fuji. She is so beautiful. Nature is at its finest. Even from afar, I'm sure that Mt. Fuji would excite the tourists because of its majestic beauty. Just walking or biking from a distance, the beauty of Mt. Fuji always exceeds expectations. It's like there are no words to express when you get to see it. Those who want to climb are advised to go there between July to August and avoid October to May. So, plan ahead and get your schedules ready.

Comment

Working...
                X