X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo in one day

Travelling to Japan early April, unfortunately we only have 1 free day to go around Tokyo. I'm travelling with my daughters 16 n 12 y/o. Interested to se Asakusa, Ueno, Akihabara, Shinjuku, Ginza, Shibuya and Harajuku. Can we go to all these places in 1 day? Would getting a local guide (free guides) be of help?

You could go to all those places in one day no problem ... but you wouldn't see much of whats there. The places are all stations on the circle Yamanote train line so easy to get to.
    I would be looking at least 2 days to have a good look around.

Here's a free guide website Tokyo Free Guide, but i never used them
    THE TOKYO FREE GUIDE will offer you overseas visitors a free guide tour in and around Tokyo which has a myriad of exciting and appealing attractions. THE TOKYO FREE GUIDE was started with the aim of helping visitors to experience real Japansese culture.

Comment

As mozzie said,it`s possible to go everywhere in one day, but sounds bit rush for me.I definitely want you look around Asakusa which is very traditional & local atmosphere, on the other hand, Ginza might be interesting for you as ginza is more modern and sophisticated, however not so attractive for me.

Actually, I would recommend you one more place in Tokyo "Odaiba".
      You can take yamanote line, get off at Shinbashi station, then take Yurikamome line, Odaiba has nice view as well as lots of entertaiment, shopping which your daughters might love it.

If I were you, I would choose around 4places in tokyo, and spend sometimes in there.Maybe, Asakusa, Harajuku, Odaiba, and somewhere?

Comment

Yes i know it would be a bit of a rush to see all thiae places in 1 day. I'm trying to arrange my schedule to free up more time. Will it be safe to go out at night?We will be staying in Shinagawa. Planning to explore Shibuya n Harajuku in the evening of our arrival to Japan. Thanks for your suggestion mozzie. Will keep Odaiba in mind.

Comment

Actually Odaiba was yoshi suggestion

Comment

Yes I hear its safe at night, probably the safest big city in the world, just remember that the trains stop around midnight, so you wanna be back to the hotel by then
            Soon I will go there myself!!!!
            http://www.mymission.com/lds-mission...ndrina-mission

Comment

When I saw the topic title I just have to drop by and see the comments. My initial reaction was "This is Impossible". After reading the comments although it is indeed possible, I don't think that any of you will enjoy your sight seeing experience. I just can't imagine myself rushing to the station every hour to catch a ride to visit other places. It just takes the "fun" away and it might even stress you out. Just walking around in one of those places will make you forget about the time and before you know it, you just won't have time for anything else. But, it's up you hope you and your family enjoy your vacation in Japan!

Comment

You won't be able to enjoy fully what Japan or any place for that matter, can offer you. The least should be at least 3 days.

Comment

My suggestion is to make a list and arrange it in an order then just pick at least 3 places you want the most and just enjoy them. If you still have extra time left, that would be the best time to check which of them is the fourth, etc. I think its more important for you guys to enjoy the quality and feeling of each places you really want to go to rather that rushing everything even if its possible. Walk around, try to eat some street foods, observe and enjoy the ambiance. This will also lessen your stress, fatigue and you'll be able to minimize the risk of losing each other in the crowd or missing important belongings since you're not in a rush. Japan is one of the safest country I know, I don't think there's a lot of thieves around but if you lost something, you'll waste more time in finding it than actually touring around which will be a bad memory for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X