X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anybody Been to Hiroshima?

Im going to Japan soon, has anybody been to Hiroshima to see the atomic dome and museum? My friends sister went there and said it was a bit scary seeing some of the pictures.

Some of the photos of the time are quite confronting, but overall its well worth the trip to Hiroshima to see the gardens, museum, atomic dome etc. Its around 5 hours by bullet train (Shinkansen) from Tokyo to Hiroshima

Comment

If you go to Hiroshima you must try the Okonomyaki, its a type of thick savory pancake with noodles, cabbage, pork, egg etc. There are restaurants that just specialize in these pancakes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	okonomiyaki-hiroshima.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	70

Comment

thanks andy and mozzie

Comment

Originally posted by Kmoss View Post
          Im going to Japan soon, has anybody been to Hiroshima to see the atomic dome and museum? My friends sister went there and said it was a bit scary seeing some of the pictures.
          Thank you for this. I guess this might be a shock for the kids, no matter how educational it is going there. And wow, 5 hours going there from Tokyo? And that's via Shinkansen already? That's almost half of your day if you'll be coming from Tokyo. If you really need to go there, then I guess you should leave your hotel in Tokyo really early so you can be going back around lunchtime. I think I would just visit the famous atomic dome if I visit the place again without kids. I'm still amazed at how this structure survived a direct blast. I hope they preserve this building well.

Comment

Working...
          X