X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best connections from Airport to City center?

Hey people!

I am coming to Japan soon. I would like to know about the best and cheapest ways to travel from Narita Airport to Tokyo. I would be reaching in morning around 7 AM to Narita airport.

Besides, for the help of everyone, may be we can post about various airports of Japan and their connectivity to their respective cities! This could be a great help for people visiting Japan for the first time, as well as the visitors for Olympic 2020!

Looking forward for some great help from you guys!

Narita Airport is quite far from the real Tokyo. Technically, it comes under a totally different prefecture called CHIBA. Its more than 60 kilometers far from Tokyo!

The best way to travel from Narita Airport terminals to Tokyo is The Keisei SKYLINER Train service. It takes just 44 minutes from Narita Airport to Ueno ( that is almost city center having all connecting trains to any area of Tokyo and nearby cities). Its a little expensive ( 2400 Yen ) but quite fast and very comfortable. It doesn't take many stops in between ( just 2 stops between Narita Airport and Ueno station).

The Keisei skyliner station is connected with Airport, So you don't need to go anywhere outside the airport with your luggage. That's why its known as the most comfortable way for transporting between Narita Airport to Tokyo.

Comment

The Narita Express is also a good option for a traveller, if you have a Japan Rail Pass the trip is free!

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html (Japan Rail Pass info)

"The Narita Express or N'EX is fast, convenient and pleasant to ride, directly connecting Narita International Airport with major urban areas in and around Tokyo including Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Yokohama. With the convenience of N'EX, there are no more stressful transfers.

The N'EX takes you from Narita Airport to Tokyo Station in only 53 minutes.
      Trains run to Tokyo Station, Shinjuku and Yokohama every 30 minutes during most of the day."

http://www.jreast.co.jp/E/nex/tickets.html

Comment

Hi! I'm not familiar with Narita Airport routes yet as I've only been there once. For other airports though, there's Kansai Airport in Osaka. We are staying in Kawarayamachi when in Osaka and it really works out for us. If you're landing in Kansai Airport and you're going to Kawarayamachi or Dotombori, all you need to do is ride a train going to Namba station. Namba station is also where Swissotel is located so you'll have a very good landmark when asking for directions on how to get there. I think it takes thirty minutes to get there from Kansai and it really has a cool view. It's a long railroad from the mainland to the airport so you'll see the ocean first for quite sometime before finally getting to the mainland.

Comment

Working...
        X