X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, guys! I'm IrieNaoki

I signed up recently because I wanted to be able to plan out a vacation in Japan. I've always wanted to take a trip there. I finally have time off from work, actually I just quit my job and decided to do some more travelling in Asia and perhaps Europe later on and see where life gets me. I've always been in interested in the Japanese culture and other Asian cultures as well. I'm excited to visit the famous and not so famous tourist spots and dine on local food. Those are probably the highlights of my trip but if there's anything else that you can recommend to do in Japan, do let me know so I can add them to my list. Thanks!

Hi IrieNaoki,

Welcome to TokyoPosts! Im sure you will enjoy Japan, of course do the usual touristy things .. Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto etc but be sure to visit the smaller towns and country areas where life is slower and more relaxed. With a JR rail pass you can head down to Kyushi which is more off the tourist path

Comment

Thanks Tokyo Posts ! I'd love to check out the not so explored spots and the sleepy and historical towns in Japan. It's going to be quite an adventure. I'm also thinking about visiting the beaches and islands so I hope I could take a trip there towards the end of summer for some beach time, going into autumn and winter, so I can cover the seasons where everything is prettier. The sakura season is also something I'm looking forward to but it would depend when I'm exactly going there. There's still some personal stuff that I need to take care of after I'm "jobless". I'll take note of the ideas you shared like heading down to Kyushi. I appreciate your suggestions. Let me know if there's anymore that you have in mind.

Comment

Hello IreNaoki,
        I am living in Saitama near Tokyo. There is a place called Kawagoe, this is a small city but has a very nice architecture. This place is also known as a Little Edo because in the past this place was a big city. There is a very nice Starbuck here which was built in an old style. I think you should go to visit this place, just spend one day walking around and enjoy the scenery. Besides, I would like to advise you about some local parks, you should check on Google. The local parks are not too big so you can able go around the place and not many people.
        Have a nice trip IreNaoki,
        Thanh Binh

Comment

Hey Thanh Binh! Thanks for your suggestions! I'll add them to my list. Walking around and just go wherever is definitely part of the plan. And yes, I'll check out the Starbucks you mentioned. My day always starts with a cup of coffee so having breakfast there is a must try. I've already googled some parks in Tokyo and I'll do the same in Saitama. Checking out some popular architecture is also part of my list. It's amazing how much you can see in Tokyo and I realized I should stay a bit more. I hope I could. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X