X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm Matt

Hi everyone,

I'm originally from Minneapolis, but now live in Chicago. I lived in Yokohama as an ESL teacher for eighteen months back in 2016. It's where I met my wife, who was also working in Japan. I really miss it and I hope I can use this forum to speak with people about Japan. I'm really hoping to go back someday. My favorite foods were katsudon, okonomiyaki, and curry. I also have a deep love for Godzilla and other kaiju movies. Nice to meet everyone.

Hey Matt! Welcome! I've also thought about applying as an ESL teacher in either Thailand, Japan or South Korea a few years after I graduated in the university but life had other plans for me. I was in the US around 10 years ago for training but was there for only 5 weeks. I like it there but I would've loved it more if I ended up going there during autumn or winter for a change and if I had more time to visit some popular cities like Chicago. I'm currently looking for hiking and fishing areas for my boss that's why I ended up here in the forum and maybe it's a way for me to learn some more about Japan if I have the chance to visit the country in the future. If you have any suggestions about hiking, fishing or outdoor activities like those in Japan or if you've tried them when you were there, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ishigochan! Thank you. Where are you from? Those are all good locations! I started in South Korea and loved it there, as well. The US is very nice and because of its size, some parts can be pretty drastically different from others. What parts did you visit? I can't think of any specifics now, but Japan is pretty good for hiking. The best place I remember was Kamakura, which isn't too far from Tokyo. As for fishing, there are some big lakes near Fuji that provide beautiful views of it and nice small surrounding towns to visit.

Comment

Working...
      X