X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Anime Ambassadors!

Have you seen them yet? There was a video announcing them on the Olympic Channel a while back, but I've only recently found out about it. It's strange that it doesn't seem to have been more widely announced.
    Anyway, there's an interesting mix of characters, and I think all should be recognisable to anime fans around the world, except Shin-chan. They could have taken characters from a wider range of anime, but they have chosen some of the most popular. You can't really beat Sailor Moon, Naruto, Dragon Ball and One Piece!
    What do you think? Did you want a Pokémon or maybe some video game characters like Mario among them?
    They are not your everyday kind of celebrities….Check out Team Japan's special ambassadors for Tokyo 2020.

Cool, The amimaiton is one of our attraction, I want to add Doraemon(which is cat robot) in there though

Comment

Yeah! I agree, J Girl. Doraemon did a good job as an ambassador when Tokyo was bidding for the Olympics, and he was in the video at the handover in Rio. He should definitely be included.

Comment

wow! Astroboy and Sailormoon is present!

Comment

Are they your favourites then, minervasirius? I've never really been interested in watching either anime, but I think Sailor Moon is cool!

Comment

This is so cool! I don't know who is the first character who appeared before Son Goku though. Yo Jin Bayan something? Crayon shin chan is one of the popular kiddy comedy shows but I don't think it became so famous as Doraemon. I think they should've included Doraemon there. It's one of their anime that's been translated to a lot of other languages just so more kids around the world can enjoy that robot cat if it really is a cat. LOL I remember a lot of other people even debating that Doraemon is a raccoon or just a plain rounded robot. But seriously he is a robot cat.

Comment

I tried opening the link but it's not leading me to the actual article. Anyway, I hope Totoro is there. Sorry, my daughter's fascination with that anime character is rubbing on me. But he's just too cute and cuddly to miss. I know it's a character from the 80's, but it's making a comeback through Netflix so I guess it's actually fitting for the big gray rabbit-like spirit to be in the spotlight, too. I'm not a mainstream anime fan because some years ago I normally watch anime series that were not really released on television. But growing up, I did enjoy watching Doraemon, Dragonball, Slam Dunk and Samurai X. You guys probably guess how old I am now.

Comment

Originally posted by satsukimei View Post
                But growing up, I did enjoy watching Doraemon, Dragonball, Slam Dunk and Samurai X. You guys probably guess how old I am now.
                Same here I I was watching Dragon Ball before and kept waiting and waiting for the channels to release it's next season. And I also needed to wait months just to see if Kogure in Slam Dunk would be able to have a successful three point shot in basketball. And Totoro, I would really love that anime to be included but I guess they don't find it as a mainstream anime. From what I noticed, there characters included in the list are those who are in long running anime shows that's why they have a huge fan base.

Comment

Working...
                X