X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus and the Tokyo2020 Olympics

I know this is way too early to be making speculation, but should this virus continue on its present path it could have some real adverse effects on the Tokyo2020 Olympics. The 2002 SARS and the 2009 H1N1 swine flu lasted for over 12 months. There is every chance this Wuhan coronavirus will still be with us for at least this year, and the unknown is how bad will it get, as we are only at the beginning of the virus timeline

I am really worried about this situation, at the moment, government just accept all flight from Wuhan, and many Chinese people from Wuhan visit Japan every single day.
    Hopefully, will not increase Corona virus patients for this stupid decision.

Comment

As I concerned about corona virus situation in Japan about 10 days ago, as I expected, the situation is getting bad.
      Day by day, in the news, corona virus patients increasing.
      Now around 40 people,
      We are having Olympic game this summer, I wonder if corona virus situation finish by the time,,.
      I have heard Australia decided they don't accept all people from China, which is big great decision.
      For Japan, Chinese tourist are very important for economical points of view as they spend lots of money in Japan.
      That's why, Japanese government hesitate to make a strict decision for them.
      but, I am too scared about epidemic.
      as lots of Chinese people buy many masks in Japan, we are shortage of the mask.
      My mum also said that she cant buy masks anywhere.

Comment

maybe the Japanese gov might ban all Chinese from the Olymipics!

Comment

This is something I fear as well. To be honest, I would really like it to be postponed for the safety of everyone since there's really no vaccine to the NCOV yet. The last news about it that I heard from CNN says that Japan is determined to continue the games amid the NCOV situation. I know they will install preventive measures for it but my worry is that the virus is not detected at its early stages. So people going to the Olympics may not realize that yet if they have it. And if it spreads to those with a weak immune system, what vaccine do we have to treat it? None.

Comment

Peoplekind are starting to think about this

"As China struggles to contain the coronavirus, there are looming fears the virus could threaten the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics in Japan"

https://thediplomat.com/2020/02/coul...irus-outbreak/

Comment

Many Japanese people are asking the government to stop the Olympics 2020. However, Japan has prepared and spent so much money for this event so I think it's hard to stop this event (let's hope that Corona will be killed before it starts.

Comment

This is something that will be problematic in a longer run. The virus is still spreading as we speak. However, I believe Japan was doing the best they can. I am even empress they do it compare to my country. And it spreads slower during hot season so I think it will be bound to die down come summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 12monkeys View Post
                  maybe the Japanese gov might ban all Chinese from the Olymipics!
                  Well, this is not impossible since countries have banned people that are coming from China to contain the Corona Virus, now known as COVID-19. So, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics committee may not ban Chinese, but none from the mainland will be able to go until the ban is lifted. However, this may not be useful at all since there's been COVID-19 in the middle east that can't be traced from China. So the cause of the virus isn't necessarily unique to Wuhan, China. The fact that it was also found in the middle-east means that it can exist anywhere else. The origin could be due to some condition that is not tied to the place.

Comment

Working...
                  X