X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be esports at the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics?

I'm not really a hardcore gamer but I do play some games when I have free time. So it's kind of nice to see some of the games I play to be part of the recent SEA games in November 2019. Games like Mobile Legends, Tekken, Starcraft 2 and so on.

So a lot of other people are now asking if there will be esports included in the Olympics. Sadly there is none.

I've searched for other news about this and a lot of them are misleading actually. Like the one where it says Intel will bring the esports to the Olympics when what they're really trying to say is that they will host an esports tournament before the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics. It's really confusing for a lot of people hoping to have esports included in the Olympics. It was in 2018 when the president of the Olympic committee said that games involved violence and cannot be included as part of the games.

I would still like them to be included though. Hope this changes in the future.

Hi adelaide ! My husband is a gamer and has been playing Dota2 for sometime now. We watched the Dota2 games during the SEA games in November and also all the majors last year. It would be wonderful if they have E-sports in the Olympics, too, if not in this year's Olympics maybe the next one. The world of E-sports should be, for me, officially recognized just as other sports. There are regular sporting events that are somehow indirectly violent and seemingly fatal or dangerous just like archery, shooting, boxing, wrestling and the martial arts events but these have been a part of the prestigious sporting event for, at most, more than a hundred years so the contention that E-sports can't be included because it's violent doesn't make sense. I don't play Dota2 but seeing the younger generation's passion for the E-sports is admirable and should be an example to the youth of the future.

Comment

I play a lot of games too and I would some e-games to be included in the World Olympics. That would really be awesome. It's kinda disappointing that they don't want to include e-games for the reason that they involve violence. That really doesn't make sense at all. E-games happens in virtual reality. Even if you see a computer character shoots someone which may or may not involve gore and brutality, then how about those Olympic games that involves hurting each other to win such as boxing, taekwondo and the like? There are lots of knocked out players in boxing where you can literally see some of them shed blood during the fight. Isn't that a form of violence?

Comment

Working...
      X