X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Japan Stop Whaling and Killing Dolphins in Time for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics?

I found this article about stopping the whaling and dolphin killing in Taiji before the Tokyo2020 Olympics, I hope they do stop, I hate it, there is also a petition to sign to send to the Mayor of Taiji and Japanese Prime Minister Abe

http://savedolphins.eii.org/news/ent...-2020-olympics
    Last edited by city love; 11th September 2016, 03:04 PM.

I agree with your opinion, whale & dolphin killing is too cruel, Japan should be stop soon.
    The picture with red water makes me scared.

Comment

I agree as well. I mean, whales and dolphins are harmless and they should be left alone in peace.

Comment

This is an issue that many countries agree on, but some Japanese people view it as a cultural right, despite the fact that they barely eat whale meat any more. On the other hand, I think awareness of the issue is growing. I have seen footage of (mostly younger) Japanese people shown a video of dolphin killing, and they thought it was horrible. Some of the problem is that they just aren't aware that it is happening, and how harmful it is. As with anything, change takes a long time, and from what I can tell, Japan as a whole prefers to change itself rather than change under pressure from outside forces. The best thing we can do to help is to make more people aware of what is happening.

Comment

I don't think Japan will stop whaling and the industry itself. As my friends have told they really love those whale,dolphin and shark fins. Sakura is right, awareness of the issue is indeed growing. Not as many Japanese eat whale products as before, the problem is there is still high demand for it in China. That's because they not only see it as food but also as aphrodisiac and medicine for many ailments.

Comment

Working...
          X