X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Robots be in the Tokyo Games?

I was reading that the Tokyo 2020 Olympics could be the first robot games, now that would be cool all these machines competing against each other!

You might be right Dudley The Japanese Prime Minister Wants To Hold A Robot Olympics In Tokyo

Comment

Yes they could do it as an exhibition for like a Robot Wars competition among countries. This would showcase how much each countries have made advancements in robotics and AI.

Comment

I hadn't heard about this; it seems pretty cool! It would be a little ambitious to hold it around the time of the human Olympics though - there would be far too many people in Tokyo already!

Comment

Yes, even I heard of it that they will have some robotic village near Odaiba and people can experience and live briefly in a universal future society. In this robotic village, robots will help nearly one million audience hail taxis, carry their luggage’s, and offer free and instant translation services.

Here is the glimpse of robotic taxi…

Click image for larger version

Name:	Robin comment for robotics.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	528

Comment

That would be amazing if they will! I think there will be one,but my best bet would be maybe in the opening ceremony?

Comment

When someone say Japanese robots, I immediately think about Gundam. I'm a big Gundam fan and oh boy~ I'd sure love to visit a Gundam themed village in Japan. Hope they create giant gundam models like what they did in Odaiba for the Olympic games, Even miniature gundams will do About the robots that will be in the olympics, perhaps it would be like one of those robots that prepare and serve coffee or other similar concepts. Perhaps the day will come when most of the manual things in this world will be performed by robots, until then we just need to sit back and enjoy the 2020 Olympics to our hearts content!

Comment

Louie I don't know if you heard this already,unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that the life size Gundam statue in Odaiba will be removed this year by March 5 and the Gundam Front Tokyo Theme park will be closed by April 5. Bandai Namco Holdings Inc. and the three other companies who made the installation said that they have a new project but they didn't disclose anything about it! On the positive side, they're planning to build a new one for Gundam's 40th Anniversary on 2019. It's just that it too bad, coz I won't be able to see them since I'll be there by April. :/

Comment

Working...
                X